NHRMC Wrightsville Beach Half Marathon 13.1
Saturday March 17, 2018
Start times 6:40AM
Start: Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
Finish: University of North Carolina at Wilmington
The New Hanover Regional Medical Center Wrightsville Beach Half Marathon Madness is fast and flat, moving through the Wrightsville Beach waterfront. Combined with the huge bonus of the race being Qualifier, it’s no surprise why this half attracts a healthy variety of runners—from first timers to veterans—and sells out fast.
With various straightaways that runners cover over the course of the race, your families and friends will have the opportunity to cheer you on during the various straightaways in the course, with no shortage of encouragement from our spectator hotspots and NCAA-themed cheer stations. It’s March Madness, after all!
Picture yourself on the course running strong and relaxed. We’ll see you out there!
Prizes and Awards | Elite Entries Available
- 1st Overall Male & Female: $400 each
- 2nd Overall Male & Female: $200 each
- 3rd Overall Male & Female: $150 each
- 1st Overall Masters Male & Female: $125 each
- 2nd Overall Masters Male & Female: $75 each
- 3rd Overall Masters Male & Female $50 each
To receive a complimentary Entry and Hotel (Limited to 5), male athletes would need to have run the following (or under) in the past 12 months:
- 1:12:00 (13.1)
- 33:00 (10K)
- 15:30 (5K)
To receive a complimentary Entry and Hotel (Limited to 5), female athletes would need to have run the following (or under) in the past 12 months:
- 1:22:00 (13.1)
- 38:00 (10K)
- 18:20 (5K)
15:00/Mile Pace Cutoff Limit
Event Day Information
Official Start: 6:40AM
Race Day Bag Check
We cannot take responsibility for lost items, but we will have a van to take bags or leftover clothing to the finish line. We do not give participants bags to check, participants are responsible for checking their own homemade bags and we will transport them to the finish.
Packet Pick Up
Marathoners are responsible for picking up their packet before the race. Please note that these are the only times you can get your packet. If you are unable to make it, a friend or family member may pick it up for you. If you absolutely have no option to get your packet – fill out this form
Where: Burney Center, UNCW Campus – Click here for Map
When: Friday, March 16th | 11:00am-8:30PM
Course information Session for Questions: 12:00pm, 5:00pm and 7:30pm
- On-site registration will only be available if the race has open slots. Otherwise, no on-site registration will be available.
- We cannot offer refunds for this event, but you may gift or transfer your entry to another runner before February 24 by logging into your Runsignup.com profile.
- The course will be closed 6 hours after the start of the event. Event organizers reserve the right to pull athletes from the course, at any time, should it appear they will not reach the finish within 6 hours.
- Walkers are not permitted in the marathon.
- Please note it is unsafe to wear headphones while running. Event organizers will not restrict headphone use and leave it up to the athlete on his/ her ability to follow direction while wearing headphone devices. If you do choose to wear headphones please keep the volume level down so you are able to hear and follow the direction of course volunteers.
- In consideration of the safety of all participants, no hand cycles, strollers, baby joggers, babies in carriers/backpacks, in-line skates, skateboards, bicycles or animals on leashes will be allowed on the course. This will be strictly enforced.