Marathon Relay 26.2 – Up to 4 relay members
Saturday March 25, 2017
Start time 6:40AM
Start: Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
Finish: University of North Carolina at Wilmington
With a peak elevation of only 32ft, the Quintiles Wrightsville Beach Marathon is fast, flat and notorious for personal bests. Combined with the huge bonus of the race being an USATF certified qualifier, it’s no surprise why this marathon attracts a healthy variety of runners—from first timers to veterans—and sells out fast.
The 2017 Full Marathon will really give you a glimpse of what Wrightsville Beach and Wilmington offer. The new course starts at the beach and runs through Landfall and finishes at the UNCW Campus. Your families and friends will have the opportunity to see you in action five to eight times as you run, with the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway as your backdrop. The NCAA basketball tourney kicks off in March off as well, so we’ll have college-themed cheer stations with DJs, bands and spectator hot spots.
Picture yourself on the course running strong and relaxed. We’ll see you out there!
Important Registration Deadlines
- Early Bird Special May 1st – Friday May 20th, 2016 at 11:59PM EST: $40.00/team member
- May 21 – Friday October 28, 2016 at 11:59PM EST: $45.00/team member
- October 29th, 2016 – Friday January 6th 2017 at 11:59PM EST: $50.00/team member
- January 7th – Friday March 17, 2017 at 11:59PM EST: $55.00/team member
- On site registration: $60/team member
Relays are split up into 3 divisons: ALL MALE TEAM, ALL FEMALE TEAM and COED TEAM
1 team winner from each division will be awarded
The relay exchange will be in a sectioned off area on Summer Rest Rd, next to the Heide Trask Drawbridge. There is only 1 relay exchange zone, so below you will see “EXCHANGE” on each map, that is the same location.
Parking for the relay exchange: there is no parking right at the exchange. Relay teams must park and jog over to the exchange. There are two places we recommend parking.
- Harris Teeter on Eastwood Rd: 1940 Eastwood Rd, Lumina Commons, Wilmington, NC 28403
- Bluewater Parking lot (over the WB drawbridge): 5 Marina St Wrightsville Beach, NC 28480
Athletes are responsible for getting to and from the relay exchange.
The exchange is 1/2 mile from the start.
There will be bathrooms and water at the exchange. Be prepared with warm clothes, clothes for the weather, and nutrition.
Leg #1 2.8 Mile
Leg #2 7.6 miles
Leg #3 6.5 miles
Leg #4 10.3 miles
Relay Exchange Zoom in: Click on Map to blow up
Event Day Information
Official Start: 6:40AM
Race Day Bag Check
We cannot take responsibility for lost items, but we will have a van to take bags or leftover clothing to the finish line. We do not give participants bags to check, participants are responsible for checking their own homemade bags and we will transport them to the finish.
Packet Pick Up
Marathoners are responsible for picking up their packet before the race. Please note that these are the only times you can get your packet. If you are unable to make it, a friend or family member may pick it up for you. 1 member from each relay team may pick up a team’s packet. If you absolutely have no option to get your packet – fill out this form
Where: Burney Center, UNCW Campus – Click here for Map
When: Friday, March 24th | 11:00am-9:00PM
Course information Session for Questions: 12:00pm, 5:00pm and 7:30pm
- On-site registration will only be available if the race has open slots. Otherwise, no on-site registration will be available.
- We cannot offer refunds for this event, but you may gift or transfer your entry to another runner before February 24 by logging into your Runsignup.com profile.
- The course will be closed 6 hours after the start of the event. Event organizers reserve the right to pull athletes from the course, at any time, should it appear they will not reach the finish within 6 hours.
- Walkers are not permitted in the marathon.
- Please note it is unsafe to wear headphones while running. Event organizers will not restrict headphone use and leave it up to the athlete on his/ her ability to follow direction while wearing headphone devices. If you do choose to wear headphones please keep the volume level down so you are able to hear and follow the direction of course volunteers.
- In consideration of the safety of all participants, no hand cycles, strollers, baby joggers, babies in carriers/backpacks, in-line skates, skateboards, bicycles or animals on leashes will be allowed on the course. This will be strictly enforced.